Hunger in Frisco? Yes, hunger and food insecurity is a reality for many in Frisco and Frisco ISD, which includes Frisco and parts of Little Elm, McKinney and Plano. In fact, more than 474,600 meals were distributed at no cost to neighbors in crisis this past year through Frisco's only community Food Pantry. As our community grows, so does the need for Frisco Family Services Food Pantry. We are seeing more and more neighbors who, because of a crisis in their household (like illness, divorce or a job loss), need help putting food on the table, so they can use their financial resources for other essentials – like rent or mortgage payments, utilities and prescription medications.
FeedFrisco is a great opportunity for your group, family or organization to make a difference in your community by collecting food and supplies, and raising the funds necessary to keep the Food Pantry stocked. Every food donation helps prevent hunger in our very own community.
There are several ways you can help prevent hunger right here, right NOW:
- With AmazonSmile you can give every time you shop.
- Feed your family, while helping to feed others by signing up for the Good Neighbor Grocery Programs.
Set up a donation drive for food/supplies or collect funds with your Company, HOA, Church, Civic or Social Group, etc...
1. Review/use the FeedFrisco Tool Kit below which has valuable information about organizing and running a successful food drive.
2. Select an item(s) from our needs list and set a goal for the amount of items you would like to collect.
3. Complete the commitment form (download) and send back to FFS Food Pantry Manager, email@example.com or complete online.
4. Promote and collect the item/s within your group using promotional flyers (found below). The FFS Office also has 11x17 posters you can use. Please contact us if interested in obtaining these.
5. Deliver items to the FFS Food Pantry in boxes at the agreed on time. The Food Pantry has boxes you can use, and is located at 9085 Dogwood St., Frisco, TX 75034 and is open M, T, Th, F from 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. and W from 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.
6. Consider making this an on-going drive to keep the shelf stocked (monthly, quarterly, etc.).
Please feel free to use these materials to help in the organization and promotion of your Food Drive.
Make a Donation
If you would like to make a financial contribution, you may do so online by clicking here or by mail to Frisco Family Services, P.O. Box 1387, Frisco, TX 75034.