Hunger in Frisco? Yes, hunger and food insecurity is a reality for many in Frisco and Frisco ISD, which includes Frisco and parts of Little Elm, McKinney, and Plano. In fact, more than 567,800 pounds of healthy food equaling more than 443,600 meals were distributed at no cost to neighbors in need this past year from Frisco's only community food pantry. As our community grows, so does the need for Frisco Family Services' food pantry. We are seeing more and more neighbors who, because of a crisis in their household (like illness, divorce or a job loss), need help putting food on the table so they can use their financial resources for other essentials – like rent or mortgage payments, utilities and medications.
FEED FRISCO is a great opportunity for your group, family or organization to make a difference in your community by collecting food and supplies, and raising the funds necessary to keep the food pantry stocked. Every food donation helps in the fight against hunger, when children are on break from school and eating more meals at home since they do not have access to their school’s free or reduced meal plan. All food collected during these drives will help feed those who are hungry right here in our own local communities!
Here's How You Can Help!
Set up a donation drive for food/supplies or collect funds with your Company, HOA, Church, Civic or Social Group, etc...
1. Review/use the FEED FRISCO Tool Kit below which has valuable information about organizing and running a successful food drive.
2. Select an item(s) from our needs list and set a goal for the amount of items you would like to collect.
3. Complete the commitment form (download) and send back to FFS Food Pantry Manager or complete online.
4. Promote and collect the item/s within your group using promotional flyers (found below). The FFS Office also has 11x17 posters you can use. Please contact us if interested in obtaining these.
5. Deliver items to the FFS Food Pantry in boxes at the agreed on time. The food pantry has boxes you can use. The food pantry is located at 9085 Dogwood St., Frisco, TX 75034 and is open M, T, Th, and F from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and W from 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
6. Consider making this an on-going drive to keep the shelf stocked (monthly, quarterly, etc.).
FEED FRISCO Resources
Please feel free to use these materials to help in the organization and promotion of your Food Drive.
Make a Donation
If you would like to make a financial contribution, you may do so online by clicking here or by mail to Frisco Family Services, P.O. Box 1387, Frisco, TX 75034.
How Your Gifts Make A Difference:
$5,000 will pay all utilities for 20 families.
$1,000 helps a single parent with a limited education and employment skills enter a job training program so she can take care of her family.
$250 supports child care expenses for two weeks.
$100 feeds a family of four for two weeks.
$15 provides gasoline for a client to get to an interview or medical appointment.
$10 provides one week of nutritious lunches for a child in the Summer Lunch Program.
$5 provides weekend snack packs for a child for one month.
Thank you for your partnership as we serve those facing hunger, homelessness and other urgent needs in our communities!