Frisco Resale Truck Driver
Frisco Family Services seeks a dependable truck driver for the Resale Store. Reporting to the Assistant Manager-Hard Goods, the drivers will safely and efficiently deliver large purchased items to customers and pick up large donations at the donor's location based on a predetermined schedule while providing excellent customer service to the customers and or donors. The truck drivers must recognize that they represent FFS and the Resale Store to the public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Deliveries & Donation Pick Ups
• Ensure that the scheduled deliveries and donation pick-ups are performed.
• Record pick ups on driver's log.
• Ensure that pick ups meet the Resale Store guidelines.
• Report any pick ups that could not be made due to the location of the donation, quality of the donation or no one at the location to the Administrative Assistant.
• Unload trucks as directed by store management.
• Ensure that the donations are loaded and unloaded in the trucks to minimize damage.
• Be available to ready the store in the morning or in the afternoon after the pick ups are completed.
• Provide friendly and courteous service to all customers.
• Assist customers with handling of purchased items and donated items.
• Make every effort to meet scheduled delivery and donation pick-up times.
• Responsible for routine maintenance of the vehicles including fuel, oil, inspections, clean cabs, tire pressure, etc.
• Update the vehicle maintenance log.
• Report any and all damage or repair needs to the Assistant Manager-Hard Goods immediately.
• Ensure that the trucks are loaded and unloaded carefully and safely to minimize damage to the donations.
• Ensure that the donations are handled carefully at the donor's location and the no damage occurs to either the donation or the location.
• Ensure that safe driving habits are employed.
• Utilize safe lifting techniques when handling large items.
• Performs other duties assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age with a clean driving record and a valid Texas driver's license.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma is required. Previous driver experience is preferred. No CDL is required.
Ability to read and analyze schedules, promotional literature, and store procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers and FFS personnel.
Basic mathematics skills including the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Sensitivity to cultural differences and ability to relate well to persons with various ethnic backgrounds and lifestyles. Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with clients, volunteers, donors, and staff. Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds using proper lift and carry techniques. Hand trucks and dollies should be used whenever possible. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please apply in person at 9125 Dogwood Frisco, TX 75034 or send your resume by email .