Join Frisco Family Services and Feed Frisco
Posted on 08/11/2014
On July 14, Frisco Family Services called out to their supporters and the Frisco community to help keep the only food pantry in Frisco stocked this summer with the goal of collecting 60,000 pounds of food by Sept. 30. Since July 14, FFS has collected 20,200 pounds of food. This would not have been possible without the generous donations from small and large businesses, area groups and restaurants who have committed to keeping their neighbors and friends from going hungry.
While FFS has seen great support, they have not yet achieved their goal. Some shelves are still empty. Since July 14, they’ve distributed more than 33,000 pounds of food through Frisco’s only food pantry. Hunger is a reality for many in Frisco and Frisco ISD. With 15.3% of Collin County residents identified as food insecure (just slightly under the statewide average of 18.3%), Frisco Family Services is here to help, but they can only do so through the generosity and support of everyone in the community. Every food donation helps in the fight against hunger.
How to Help:
• Take the list of needed items to the grocery store to help in choosing foods and items to donate to the food pantry.
• If you are interested in hosting a food drive, please contact Don Kirkwood, Food Pantry Manager, at 972-335-9495 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Visit www.friscofamilyservices.org for more information and to download tools and resources for your food drive.
• Food and monetary donations may be dropped off at the Frisco Family Services Food Pantry located at 9085 Dogwood Street, Frisco, TX 75033 from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
• The Food Pantry will be open to accept donations on Saturday, Aug. 16 and Saturday, Sept. 13 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Frisco Family Services cannot accept bulk, expired or open items.
Frisco Family Services Food Pantry Needed Items:
• Peanut Butter
• Sandwich Sliced White/Wheat Bread
• Canned Pasta Meals (ravioli, Spaghetti O's, etc.)
• Boxed Meal Helpers (Hamburger Helper, etc.)
• Boxed Mac and Cheese
• Children’s cereals
• Fruit cups
• Fruit Juices (small boxes or pouches)
• Ramen Noodles
• Bagged Beans
• Flour (5 lb. size or smaller)
• Cooking Oils (48 oz size or smaller)
• Snack Items (popcorn, granola bars, etc.)
• Saltine Crackers
• Baking mixes
• Size 4 and Size 5 Diapers
• Baby Formula
• Boxed Baby Cereal
Personal Care Items
• Bar Soap
• Body Wash
Other Most Needed Items
• Laundry detergent (approx. 40 load size or smaller)
• Household cleaners
• Dishwashing liquids (smaller containers)
About Frisco Family Services
Frisco Family Services is a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 organization serving the communities of Frisco and Frisco ISD. The mission of Frisco Family Services is to help members of our communities who are facing hunger, homelessness and other urgent needs improve their quality of life and achieve self-sufficiency. FFS houses the only food pantry in Frisco and offers financial assistance for critical needs such as rent/mortgage, gasoline and utility payments. FFS sells and distributes clothing, furniture, and household items through Frisco Resale. Special programs include: Summer Lunch Program, Back-To-School Fun Fair, Thanksgiving Food Distribution and FFS Holiday Program. FFS also offers life skills classes, educational assistance and employment support to adult clients.