COVID-19 has impacted all of us in an unprecedented way – as individuals and as a community. With social distancing restrictions and shelter-at-home policies, we continue to change and adjust our operations to adapt to our new environment.
Recent changes include:
- The food pantry continues to distribute food to clients and is limiting access inside the food pantry in order to follow state and government guidelines.
- Our mobile food pantry delivers groceries and other food pantry items to our seniors and home-bound clients in order to reduce their risk of exposure to the virus.
- Case managers conduct client appointments via teleconference.
- Anyone applying for services can do so at the Agency in person (where lobby access is limited to two individuals), or by calling 972.335.9495.
- Frisco Resale is open at this time and donations are accepted on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Donors are asked to remain in their cars and items are unloaded from trunks and truck beds only.
- Large item pick-up can be requested; however, due to capacity and minimal staff, our pickup schedule is limited.
Volunteer Activities & Workshops:
- We are phasing in our Volunteer opportunities and orientations, along with CHAMPS workshops.
- Health and safety is a top priority so staff members are practicing proper “flu season” hygiene and social distancing techniques, and have been provided gloves, masks, hand sanitizer, anti-bacterial soap for hand washing. Public areas, shared spaces, equipment, furniture and high-touch surfaces at all sites are disinfected multiple times throughout the day.
- Following the recommendations as noted by the Centers for Disease Control, to help prevent exposure to illnesses like the flu and the Coronavirus, we require that anyone exhibiting symptoms - fever, cough, difficulty breathing - stay away and seek medical care.
How You Can Help:
Your support continues to be critical in order to assist and help families and individuals in crisis.
- Make an unrestricted financial contribution, which can be utilized where it is needed the most.
- Donate most needed items to Frisco’s only community Food Pantry.
- Follow us on Facebook and share with your friends so that they know how to help our neighbors in crisis.