What You Need to Know
If you are a Frisco resident or live within Frisco ISD boundaries and have a documented crisis, you may be eligible to receive food through our Market — Frisco's only community source, or qualify for financial assistance with rent, utilities, or other essential needs to help you achieve or maintain self-sufficiency.
Para informacion en espanol, llama 972.335.9495.
STEP 1: The first step is to come into our office located at 9111 Dogwood St., Frisco to complete an application OR click the button to download and complete the application in advance. Bring the completed application with the required documentation, to our office to schedule an appointment with a Case Manager.
STEP 2: Please bring the following documents with you to your appointment. Your Case Manager will complete an assessment and provide an overview of the programs and services we can provide.
- A picture ID for each applicant.
- A current lease agreement or housing agreement.
- Official government identification for all household members (e.g., birth certificate, passport, school ID, social security card).
- Copies of all household billing statements (a disconnect notice is not applicable).
- Documentation of your crisis (e.g., doctor’s letter, medical bills, police/fire report, paid receipts for unusual/unexpected expenses).
- Proof of all applicable income, (e.g., one month of pay stubs, unemployment eligibility notice, bank statements from the last 30 days, tax statement from the previous year, child support statement, social security/SSDI benefits statement, SNAP - formerly known as food stamps, or a TANF letter showing benefit amount).
NOTE: If you live outside of Frisco or Frisco ISD, dial 211 in the state of Texas, or visit 211texas.org to find a social service agency that meets your needs in the area in which you reside.
Questions about the services we provide the community or how to help?
Call us at 972-335-9495.
Updated: July 24, 2023