Sign Up Today
General Community Service
The first steps in volunteering with Frisco Family Services are:
1. Setting up your individual volunteer profile
2. Signing up for a mandatory volunteer orientation (ages 16 and older).
3. Downloading and completing the Background Verification Release Form (ages 18+) or
Parental Consent Form (ages 4 - 17), and bringing these to your orientation class.
Orientation takes place at the Frisco Family Services' Meeting Space 9061 Dogwood St.
in Downtown Frisco, next door to the Frisco Resale Furniture Decor & More.
Frisco Family Services is committed to the safety of our staff, clients, customers and volunteers. As a result, we conduct annual criminal background checks on all regular volunteers (18 years of age or older) and annual motor vehicle record checks on all volunteer drivers. A suggested $10.00 donation to help defray the cost of running your background check is requested. We must receive a completed Background Check before you are able to start volunteering.
We look forward to meeting you at orientation and helping you find your place on our team!
Court Appointed Community Service
Please note: The definition of court appointed community service involves community service assigned through Teen, County or Municipal Court. We appreciate your consideration of Frisco Family Services Frisco Resale as a site for completing your court-appointed community service hours.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian signature.
- Applicants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian during their service.
- All applicants must follow the Criminal Background Check requirements below.
Community service requires a 2-hour commitment per shift. Documentation of community service hours is provided upon request, and a record of your total hours is sent to your community service supervisor as required.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 972-335-9495. We look forward to working with you!
Criminal Background Checks Procedure:
Frisco Family Services is committed to the safety of our staff, clients, customers and volunteers. As a result, Frisco Family Services conducts annual criminal background checks.
1. Download the Background Check Consent Form and Court Appointed Volunteer Application.
2. Print and fill out the forms in ink.
3. The cost of the background check is $10.00 and is non-refundable. Please make the money order
or cashier's check payable to Frisco Family Services. The payment must be received prior to
processing the background check.
The background check fee does not guarantee approval of the community service application.
4. Return the completed Background Check Consent Form and Court Appointed Volunteer
Application along with the $10.00 fee to process the Background Check, to the Frisco
Resale Store admin, in person.
Once we have received your completed Background Check Consent Form, Community Service application and payment, we will contact you.