Sign Up Today
General Community Service
The first steps in volunteering with Frisco Family Services are:
1. Setting up your individual volunteer profile
2. Signing up for a mandatory volunteer orientation (ages 16 and older).
3. Downloading and completing the Background Verification Release Form (ages 18+) or
Parental Consent Form (ages 4 - 17), and bringing these to your orientation class.
Orientation takes place at the Frisco Family Services' Meeting Space 9061 Dogwood St.
in Downtown Frisco, next door to the Frisco Resale Furniture Decor & More.
Frisco Family Services is committed to the safety of our staff, clients, customers and volunteers. As a result, we conduct annual criminal background checks on all regular volunteers (18 years of age or older) and annual motor vehicle record checks on all volunteer drivers. A suggested $10.00 donation to help defray the cost of running your background check is requested. We must receive a completed Background Check before you are able to start volunteering.
We look forward to meeting you at orientation and helping you find your place on our team!
Court Appointed Community Service
The definition is community service hours assigned through Teen, County or Municipal Courts. We appreciate your choice of Frisco Family Services Frisco Resale as a site for completing your court-appointed community service.
Currently, if your court order is in Collin or Denton Counties, we cannot accept applicants; however, if you are with a Municipal or Teen court within these counties, you may apply. We do not take felony, theft or assault charges.
TO GET STARTED:
- Applicants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who must also sign up as a volunteer with Frisco Family Services.
- Applicants under the age of 18 do not require a background check, but must show a copy of their court paperwork, and have a parent or guardian sign the Parental Consent Form.
- All applicants 18 and over must follow the Criminal Background Check procedures:
Criminal Background Check Procedures:
Frisco Family Services is committed to the safety of our staff, volunteers, clients and customers. Therefore, Frisco Family Services conducts annual criminal background checks.
- Complete the Background Check form in ink.
- Supply a $10.00 fee required for the background check. It must be in the form of a money order or cashier's check only, payable to Frisco Family Services. Payment must be received prior to running the background check. The fee is non-refundable, and does not guarantee approval.
In person, return the completed Court-Appointed Volunteer Application – along with the Background Check form and fee if 18 or over – to the Frisco Resale Store Admin. At that time you will review and sign our Resale Store Volunteer Guidelines. Once you have been approved, you will be contacted by phone and email.
Community service requires a minimum 2-hour commitment per shift. A verification letter for the court showing total hours worked may be provided upon request, with a 2-3 day advance notice.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 972-712-7833. We look forward to working with you soon!